Friday, January 17, 2014

Oscars

I love Oscar time. Not due to the award show in particular. I like all the buzz about the movies and actors. Who has been snubbed and who is the most shocking nomination. I love it. I also love seeing the movies. I must say The Hurt Locker was not my favorite nominated movie I ever saw. It was super boring and I have no clue why it was made out to be so great. Here are my takes on some of this years films. I will update it as I continue to watch them.

****spoiler alert****

Saving Mr Banks:
I bawled while watching this one. It tugged at my heart strings and for the soft place in my heart I have for any girl who looses her daddy. A daddy is a young girls first love, their hero, and to loose that is one of the most heart wrenching things. It's beautiful to see where Mary Poppins came from and Walt Disney's point of view. I think Tom Hanks was amazing. The lady who played P L Travers was incredible as well. She played a wonderful roll. You wanted to hate her, but your heart couldn't help but feel a little bit soft for her.

Frozen:
This was a wonderfully done Disney film. I loved the songs and the lightness of the film. There aren't many movies that show sibling love. This movie showed the importance of sisterly love and that true love can heal. It doesn't have to be the kiss of a prince, it can be the love from a sibling. One of my favorite Disney movies for sure.


August: Osage County:
This was not one of my favorite films. It was not the roll I would have liked to see Susan Surandon and Julia Roberts in the first time together in a film. This was a dark movie. I think it was to "real life" for me. It was to much like reality and there was no light hearted moments in the film. I missed the giggly Julia Roberts, the huge laugh and beautiful smile.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment