Saturday, April 27, 2013

Boston

So our dog history is rather long in the last 18 months. I met Q and he had Sabaka . When he was living in his studio apt Sabaka had a friend Sugar that he could play with. When we moved, I wanted to get him a buddy. So we found Harley. Not a great fit for our garden or carpet. She was ment to be a kennel hunting dog. So then we got Alpine. Thought we could love her into not being afraid. Though loyal to us, she wasn't fixed or loyal to Sabaka. He has scars to prove it. Bad luck! We waited and found Atlas. Oh what a jewel. He was loving and he and Sabaka were best buddies. He has some separation issues and was 60 pounds of pup and growing. The landlord was not a fan of pits and so he found his way to Idaho with a great and loving family. We've all missed him, especially Sabaka. So after 2 cats staying at our old house and 3 dogs finding their way to New homes, and 2 snakes dying - I was done. We could do with 9 chickens, 2 ferrets, Sabaka, 2 "come wit the house" kitties, and 2 lizards.
Then the other day I got thinking how much I missed Dallas and Blu. They were such awesome kitties and loved us. I loved how they would snuggle at night on our feet. So I talked to Q. He didn't want a cat again. At least not in the house. Dang! So, what about a little dog? I have never been fond of little dogs. They bark and yip and bounce all over. Yuck. So we started looking. Nothing seemed like a right fit. BAM even brought over a pup to meet and greet. It bit me and peed on our wall. Ugh. So Pet Smart was having their big pet adoption. Hmmmmm. I did research and found there would be female puppies there. Chihuawas. Okay so I headed over after work on Friday. All the pup I'd looked at online were adopted. Good for them bummer for me. I thought, it was meant to be. We don't really need another pet. I walked around looking at the dogs and saying hi to our friends at HART. I went back to the SLCAS area. I asked the guy what they had as far as little pups. He said most have been adopted. The showed me a crate and said that this little guy, Blair, hadn't been. He was one and house broke. Nutered and microchipped. I asked to hold him. He snuggled right down into me and I was sold. He's not had one accident, and already he and Sabaka are buddies. He loves to snuggle and doesn't bark. He's a great fit and we all just love him. He's full grown so the tiny package is what we get. We changed his name to Boston. We know that we are his hope and his rescue family. He's our forever pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment