Sunday, April 21, 2013

Patriot Guard and Earth Day Ride

Yesterday morning was the Patriot Guard Ride. The proceeds went to the new Veteran's Home in Ivins. Q and I, along with all our friends, had decided that the ride to Bryce was a little too much. We wanted to do something more local. I had put the music together for the event, so I asked everyone to join us at the send off. Mika sang the National Anthem and it was beautiful, as always. The vet's couldn't have got any luckier. 



No one presents the colors like the United States Marines. I have seen it done by every other branch and there is no one that looks better, sharper, more professional, or more patriotic than the USMC. 



Mayor McArthur was there and quoted the 4th verse of the Star Spangled Banner. Then a beautiful tribute to all the military branches was preformed by the Pine View High School band. 



Our bike wasn't in the pic and neither was Dom's. Not colorful enough. 


Taken over the town! We headed out to Springdale. The weather was gorgeous. Paul and Robyn wanted to swing by the general store in Virgin. We stopped there and hung for a bit. My tummy was rumbling so loud I almost mistook it for the farting indian. 


AMAZING lunch at the Majestic View. We were the only ones in there. Everyone said their food was awesome. I got the philly, but it wasn't just a normal philly. It had prime rib, peppers, onions, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and chipolte sauce. YUM!



We are so lucky to live with this in our back yard!



Robyn and Paul had to to head back to take Brooklyn to soccer and the kite festival. The rest of us rode into Springdale and went to the Earth Day Party! It was awesome. I love the live music and the hippies. I love how open minded the town in and how everyone just gets together to embrace any celebration.



We went to the gas station to get air in our shocks.... damn Harley Davidson.... and Ali pointed out a run away umbrella. That is not just a little kids umbrella. That is a table umbrella floating higher and higher and higher. We watched it for about 20 min. It came down on the hill behind the gas station. 


It was a gorgeous day. I got a lot of sun. I was craving Chilis, and Dom and Sharon wanted to go to road house. I love their Chicken Fried Steak, so it was a win either way. I called ahead to see what the seating would be for 6, Jason and Ali were meeting us too, and they told me they couldn't seat us til 8. Chili's it was. 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment