Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday Q and I both had to work. I worked until noon and he worked until 3. I was going to get the grocery shopping done, get things packed, start the ribs cooking and get my hair cut all before he got home. He wanted to just load and go. We had reservations in Springdale for Friday and Saturday night. I got done with work and my A/C wouldn't blow. So on the way to the store I swung by Tech-1. I thought maybe Travis would have a second to look at it. He told me I could bring it back in a couple hours and he would be able to get to it then. Good news though, he thought it was the blower and not the compressor. So I went to Albertsons and Walmart. I had about 20 min before I had to be at my hair appointment. I ran home to change clothes and get the ribs in the oven. Just as I was getting ready to leave the house to get my hair done the daycare called. They believed that Beckham had hand, foot, and mouth disease. My heart sunk. I called the doctors office and they said he was contagious but there is nothing we could do. Its like chicken pox, there is no cure but time. I called my mom to see if she would still take him for the night, but she was sleeping. I canceled my hair appointment and headed to pick up my little man. We went to Target to get a snack, some benadryl, and ibuprofen. Q was still working, nothing had been done for the trip except for getting the ribs started. I was way behind. When I picked him up he didn't look bad at all. He had a little red around his mouth and behind his leg. I thought it may just be from heat. I gave him some medicine and went to my mom's. She said she would take him and just watch him. I told her to call me if he got worse. When I got home Q was there and we had a lot to get done. We had to load the RV and pack everything. It was okay the only thing I forgot was marshmallows. We got up to Springdale with word Becks was doing fine and Jaxan and Ayla were playing great. Good news! We checked in to our spot. It wasn't on the river, but that was okay. It was a huge corner site which worked well for us. We set up camp and ate dinner. The ribs turned out fantastic. We had veggies and potatoes to go with it. Then we went out for a walk to get some marshmallows. On the way back we stopped at Blondies for a milkshake.  Then we went back to the RV. It was super windy and cold. We watched, ahem.... we tried to watch a movie. I was too tired and totally crashed. 

Saturday morning we woke up to this:


Remarkable? I think so. Q made breakfast and we decided to go into town to the Farmers Market. Because of the wind and cold there weren't too many vendors or patrons, but there was a deer. The band was really good too. They played some really awesome bluegrass. 



We walked back through town. We grabbed a diet coke and maple bar at Sol Foods. We went back to camp and had lunch. We cooked brauts out on the fire and then Q watched a movie and I read and took a nap. It was seriously lovely. No worries. No kids. No responsibility. It was great. We rode into the Zion lodge and walked around the shops there. After that we decided we should go back and get ready for dinner and Mika's concert. 



We got showered and cleaned up and went to dinner at Amigos. Chips and salsa, tacos and quesadilla - amazing as always. We had a great time, and the weather was cooperating. 



After dinner we went back to the RV so Q could change into shorts and different shoes. He had some problems with his toe and his knee while we were up there. We walked up the canyon to OC Tanner Amphitheater.  


Mika and the Virgin River band did amazing. I have to admit I lost it once when she played an original song. Seeing her up there with her dreams coming true was slightly overwhelming. She has worked so hard to get to this point. It was a lovely night and it was great to see my bestie and her family. 


We walked back to the RVand we are pretty sure we saw a skunk on our trip back. Yikes! We walked super fast from that point on. We made smores when we got back to camp. They were amazing. Then we crashed out while attempting to watch a movie again. 

This was our view Sunday morning.


We got up and had breakfast. Then we went out for a walk through town. We hit some of the little shops and did a little shopping. We have decided it will be a perfect place to do some Christmas shopping. We ate at Amigos one last time before we pulled out of town. On the way out we saw that the Springdale Market was open. They usually have fresh apples there from the orchards. We got some delicious ice cream there and a lemon bar. We stopped and got a refill on our diet cokes and headed home. On the way we decided to swing by Kolob for some fishing. It was a lot longer drive than we thought. It was a beautiful drive and the reservoir was beautiful. It was cold and windy and just perfect up there. 



It was the perfect end to the perfect weekend! 


Today, Monday, we had a picnic with my mom, Lyn and Lance. A few people dropped out so we had TONS of food. It was delicious though. It was a beautiful day in the 80s. The kids had a blast at the splash pad. They loved chasing Q around. 




OS you can't totally tell from the pictures but Beckham's blisters have got a lot worse. His legs are full of them, his cheeks and chin are bad and his belly has some. Its so sad. They don't seem to be bothering him or hurting him. That is a huge bonus. I have been diligent in giving him benadryl and ibuprofen. We could have another 10 days of this. He's a trooper. I am glad that Jaxan didn't get it. We are just having to watch him really close so that he doesn't share drinks or utensils. I am hoping we can keep him healthy and happy the rest of the summer. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment