Monday, May 28, 2012

Sand Hollow Trip 1 for 2012

Our first camping trip with the kids for the year couldn't have been worse. 2 parents, 3 kids, 2 dogs and a load of whoops'. For starters Q was driving us all down to the lake on the 4 wheeler. The 2 dogs, 3 kids and I were sitting on the trailer being pulled behind. Me, knowing very little about driving in sand, freaks out because he started driving too fast and I was afraid of Becks falling off backward. He stopped the 4 wheeler and ta da..... we were stuck! It just got better from there. Becks was tired due to no nap he whined and cried in the water once we got there. Q went to take the girls out in the boat and realized he didn't have the plug, so he had to drive back to town. I found that Sky and Jaxan don't like my tinfoil dinners. We didn't take the boat out and the girls just rode the 4 wheeler around. We finally got Becks to sleep. It was time to make smores, and guess who forgot to pack the graham crackers.... me. So we roasted marshmallows and had them with reeses peanut butter cups. Then got the girls to sleep. WHEW. We survived the first day. Bunches of whining, crying, questions and boredom. Oh and ants. Lets not forget ants that had taken over the campsite. Did I mention that I hate camping in the heat.... and it was hot.
The next morning we got up and thought we would take the boat out. I was a royal beast and not looking forward to it. By the time we got out there it was too warm for fishing. Beckham whined when the boat stopped so we could fish. We finally entertained him with worms. Sky and Jaxan were bored. I was ready to pull my hair out by the time we got back to the RV for lunch. We saw that Alpine had got off her leash. She had wriggled her head out of her collar and she was sitting under the trailer. I got lunch made and when I went out to ask Q a question. When I went back in the RV Alpine had eaten all the rest of the lunch meat.
By this time I was nearly in tears. Everything was going wrong and I was hot. We ate lunch and Q decided to take the girls down to the beach to swim and play. I took Becks and the dogs home. When they got done with the water he said both girls were complaining of itching. The next day the girls had welts all over their bodies from swimmers itch. They had both showered with soap after playing in the water. I think its going to be a while before we hit up Sand Hollow again.  That was a horrible camping trip.






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment