Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day




If I Knew As A Child If I knew as a child what I know now, Mom,
I probably wouldn't have made things
so hard for you.
I would have understood
that you were looking out for my best interest.
even though it may not have seemed so at the time.
I would have known how difficult it is to let go,
to stand back and let someone you love
learn from their mistakes.
I would have realized
how fortunate I was to have a mother
who was always there for me,
even after an argument,
even after I'd said things
I shouldn't have.
While it's too late for a lot of things
it's not too late for me to tell you
that I appreciate how loving you are,
how giving you've always been
and that even though
I may not always be good at showing it,
I love you very much.

I am so thankful for my mom! Even though I have a lot of second moms and moms in law - I only have one mom! I feel blessed for all she has done for me. I am thankful she sat quitely by and let me make mistakes so I could learn. She bailed me out more than once, and I am sure she will again.
I love the bond that her and Jaxi have. It reminds me so much of my grandmother and me. They are so close and Jax loves going to her Grammy's house.
I got very lucky to have such a wonderful mom who is not only my mom, but my friend.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks... I am so lucky to have you for a daughter and what a great mother you are for your children. I Love You

    ReplyDelete