Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A/C Woes

Saturday night Q noticed our A/C was blowing warm air. I was already asleep at this time. We sleep with the windows open and the doors open, so we didn't notice anything in the morning. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that I started melting. It was SWELTERING in our home. I just kept watching the thermostat climb. Fans on full blast. I could have gone downstairs but apparently pregnancy brain was pregnancy stubbornness. I just wanted the upstairs cool. Like some magical thing would happen and the A/C would work. It didn't. It got up to 90 in the house.... the house that I tolerate at 75. I would love to wear sweats in the house all day everyday during the summer. 65 would be perfect. So you can imagine at 90 I was dying. Q let the landlord know what was up and he said he would have someone out on Monday. Well Q went out and to see if he could reset the A/C unit. He found that the entire back of the unit was caked with dryer lint. When we moved in the dryer hose was not hooked up and lint and heat were just being spit into the laundry room and cabinets. Little did we know that by him hooking it up we would loose our A/C. It was fixed yesterday and Q cleaned off the compressor. We will have to keep an eye on that one.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment