Sunday, April 1, 2012

Poker Run


Saturday we went out to the Harley shop in Coral Canyon at 9 am. We signed up for the Poker Run that was benefiting the Animal Sanctuary in Kanab. We left about 10 am and headed to Paul Mitchell for "pictures". 



I took the opportunity to get pics of Al and Q.

Drink break. That 3 mile ride was rough.

Our next stop was Moto Zoo and Victory. We had 4 hands. Turns out they weren't worth anything. I guess I picked horrible cards. 

At Moto Zoo.




These two crack me up.

Then we headed to Veyo. Our next stop was Gunlock Reservoir. We went the back way through Veyo instead of going through Santa Clara and Ivins.


Of course we stopped at Veyo Pies. They have AMAZING danishes. If you haven't been there on a Saturday morning, like I hadn't, you are missing out on SO much. They don't have a huge selection but the selection they do have is so good. They are better than Kneaders and Paradise. It is so worth the drive. We will be taking another up there for the delicious cherry danish very soon. 





Some things I realized this weekend.... 
I realized that no matter how many parts of the country I live in, St George is probably the most beautiful I have ever seen. We have so many amazing wonders in our own back yard. Yeah I become a hermit when the weather gets much over 90 degrees, but the rest of the year is just beautiful. I am thankful that I can plant a garden in March. I am thankful for the warm sun and the beautiful ride we had while other parts of the country were getting snow.
I also realized that Harley riders can and will be stuck up to other Harley riders. Some of the nicest people are people you would never expect to meet. Age is only a number and friends come in all ages, shapes and sizes. The economy can and will effect everyone in some way and it doesn't discriminate.
Not all, but most hair school girls are dorky, dumb, and ditzy. (Before I thought they ALL were.) 

 I realized how much I love this man. I love to continually fall in love with him over and over and over again. I love how he ridiculously spoils me when I don't deserve it. I love how much he loves me. I love how he is NEVER afraid to be with me not matter how silly I look or act. He is the most amazing man and I am SO thankful he is in my life. He defiantly is the better half in this relationship. He is the glue that keeps us together. He is the reality to my wild winged dreams. I love that he loves having me on the back of his bike and that he will take me every where with him. I am so proud to call him mine!

The bikers.



 Gas prices are just outrageous right now. Seriously who knows where it's going to be at the end of summer, but right now this is killing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment