Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DAY 1 Newport Beach, CA

Q woke up at 4:30 this morning and finished packing the car. I rolled out of bed a little after 5. We got the kids together, loaded them up, and we were off by 6. We made great time. We had few issues with the room in the car, and I had to potty more than any of the kids! Becks made it all the way with a dry diaper and only going pee in the potty. That tells me the little naughty can be potty trained, he just doesn't want to. 
We arrived in Newport about noon. 



We unloaded the kids and headed to Original Pizza. It was just like I remember it being. HUGE slices and CHEAP prices.



Q was not in the mood for pizza, so he went for a burger and fries. He totally missed out. 


Yes that is 3 bags of donut holes. 3 dozen donut holes from Seaside Donuts. I have been eating them every time I go to Newport, since I was Jaxi's age. They were SO good. I think I at at least a dozen and the kids and Q had a dozen and a half between the 4 of them. I am slightly a pig and maybe even a little selfish when it comes to the donut holes. 


The kids all had so much fun playing in the sand and in the water. I was a little nervous about getting burned again. I stayed in my t-shirt and capris. No bathing suit for this lady. I just got rid of my blisters and I am not welcoming them back anytime soon.







Q wanted a picture of the kids with 2013 under them. Turned out way cute I thought. 



Sand crabs were a big hit. Sky found some that were the size of a half dollar. They had 3 that were about that big. They kept them in the bucket. While the girls and I were shopping, Beckham killed them by dumping them on the dry sand. 



BUMP


We walked the pier and Jaxan didn't loose a flip flop! HORRAY! She has been on that pier 3 times and lost a flip flop 2 of the 3. We were looking for a seal, but struck out. When we were coming back, we saw a guy catch this sand shark. In the water it looked like a manta ray. It was so neat to see one up close, in the wild. 



When we got done shopping and swimming, we headed up Harbor Blvd to go to the hotel. I can't tell you how much I love this hotel. It used to be the Comfort Inn Maingate. Its now the Stanford. Look at the beds we have for the kids....


Their room connected to ours. We have 2 queen beds and a separate bath from them. Don't ya just love the Mickey Mouse pillows and bed spreads? Its just awesome. Amazing touches to this room. I had done some shopping since the first of the year for gifts for the kids. I put together little gift bags for the kids. Trinkets and mouse ears. They loved it. Then I came to the realization that my mouse ears are still at home, on my shelf, decorating the house. Dang it! 


Q went and got him and I some Joe's Crab Shack. I am not a huge seafood fan. I know he has been craving it. I think it's sympathy cravings. I had a salad :) We cooked mac and cheese for the kids and let them snack. The girls went swimming with Q, and Becks and I watched Toy Story and talked to Moose on the phone. Now everyone is crashing out getting our Z's for meeing Moose and taking over Disneyland tomorrow!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment