Monday, September 2, 2013

San Diego Day 1

For the last couple months we have planned on going to San Diego / Shelter Island with Dom and Sharon. While we were there our plan was to get married. We wanted to ellope and not tell anyone though. We left on Thursday morning about 6:30 and drove down. Dom's A/C wasn't working very well and it was hot and humid. The closer we got to shelter island, the nicer it was though.


The hotel was beautiful and the view was incredible. We went to happy hour and enjoyed nachos and coconut shrimp. 


Then it was time to get ready for the 49ers vs Chargers game. It was my first NFL game and my sister was coming up to meet us. 



We got there in time for everyone to have a couple beers and then head over to the stadium to find our seats. The walk over about did me in. I only took my phone and my camera, as we weren't allowed to take anything else in the stadium. Beers were 9-11 bucks a piece and the food was a kajillion dollars. I see now how the players make their millions. 







It was military appreciation day. The half time entertainment was the marine corps band and another band that did a rock version of the national anthem. There were some awesome fireworks and rockets that went off. I definitely like watching football on TV a lot more than going to the games. After the ride to San Diego and then the walking at the stadium I was in a lot of pain and having a lot of contractions. It got to the point that I was having a hard time breathing. It sucked. I was nervous and Sharon and Dom wanted me to go to the hospital. I didn't want to unless I was going home to go. I thought if I slept it off I would be okay. 


The View from our room



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment