Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fight Like A Girl

Q and I were really excited to do this poker run. We love doing runs, but this one was for kids with cancer and so it meant a lot more. My mom and Lyn decided to go with us too and so we had the kids ride with them. Sky was with her mom camping for Sagen's birthday. We missed her. Mom and Lyn came over at 8 and we got everyone loaded. My mom had made matching bandannas for her Lyn and the kids. 



We stopped to get gas at Mavrick before heading to Harley Davidson to register.  



We got the kids each a donut. We got registered and made our game plan. The run was from Harley Davidson in Coral Canyon to Bluff Street to Enterprise to Cedar and back to Harley Davidson. 


The St George BACA chapter was at the first stop. 




On our way to E Town....






Once in Cedar City we stopped at Sonny's BBQ. We had lunch and it was amazing. They had coleslaw with  a poppy seed dressing and a dill potato salad. 


I wanted to hit Cal Ranch and spend the rest of my birthday money. I ended up getting two Farm Girl items. A t-shirt and a hat. I love that brand and we don't have a place in St George that sells it as cheap as they do at Cal Ranch. 
We drove home on the high way and saw a lot of the New Harmony fire. They were rebuilding power lines and phone lines. 


I was dumb and wore Sky's old riding boots. I didn't think they would be that small. Uh they were a 5 and I wear an 8. My feet hurt so bad. So I had to take the boots off and give my feet a break. 



We rode back with Rodney and Tab. 


My mom and Lyn took the kids to their house because they beat us back to Harley Davidson. Q and I went home and changed out of the jeans. It was so hot! We went and got the kids and then went back out for the family events at they Harley store. It was BLAZING hot out there. The kids rode the train and got snowies. We got to see the kids we did the ride for, but it was beyond unbearable. So after they announced the poker hand winners we took off. 





The next run is July 21st and we are going to Brian Head.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment